Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 3.. My Parents

My parents divorced when I was 11 or 12. However, they are two of my best friends. I talk to them daily and each are very very special to me. They have since both remarried and I love both my step parents, so, it's like I have four parents!


My Mom:
I talk to my mom everyday about everything. She lives about 20minutes away (I'm lucky considering we are military) and I see her quite a bit. She's there for me whenever I need her and I will always be thankful for that. She's softspoken, generous and loving. She is a lot like my Grandmother.

My Dad:
My Dad has always treated me like a princess. Still calls me that to this day. Doesn't matter if I am 5 or 25 I will always be Daddy's little girl. He lives in NC so I don't get to see him as often as I'd like but I talk to him all the time. He's a fantastic cook and always cooks like he's having 100 people over for dinner. (We ARE Italian, so this at times could be possible!) He's my go-to guy for advice on everything. He would do anything for me or my brother (and our spouses,children). I am very much like my father. He's outspoken, caring and generous.
My Stepparents:

Jackie, my step-mom is great! She's tons of fun and I love when I get to spend time with her. We can shop for hours, sit and talk or just take random outings together and we are always laughing the whole time. She's always willing to help out with anything and treats me like her very own.


Andy, my step-dad is great as well. He's down to earth and is somewhat of a jack of all trades! He's a firefighter turned handy man and now he's almost done getting his RN! Yup, he's going to be a nurse! He's a hard worker and excels at anything he does. 


 I know most people would have just written about their two biological parents. But all four people are very important to me. I am very fortunate to have four people that love and care about me like they do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment